Don't get me wrong, you don't need to break the bank when it comes to your wedding photos, BUT the statement "you get what you pay for" has never been so true. There's a reason we charge what we do. Actually taking pictures is only about 10% of the work we put in as photographers. There's the back & forth emails, phone calls, and texts. There's the boring legal part, the endless culling we have to do, the camera bag prepping, the long drives, and don't even get me started on the editing. We love our clients and we put our hearts and soul into each and every image we send your way. We do this because we understand the value of what we are giving back.
There is so much more that goes into choosing a photographer than checking pricing. Finding the right fit for you guys can make or break your big day.
Here's a list of things to look for when picking one:
- a personality that you will get along with & someone you can love. With the wrong person, nothing can be more awkward than having a camera in your face. It's really important you find someone who makes that feel safe.
- A trustworthy individual. Read past reviews & do your homework on the kind of person they are. If they are gonna be there for the biggest moments of your life, you need to make sure you will be able to rely on them every step of the way.
- check the way they edit their greens, reds, skin tones, and black & white images. Make sure you love the way they edit before you pay them thousands of dollars.
- Let them know who you are. Become friends with them! Bringing them into your life will help your images turn out wayyy better. I promise.
- Do they have a contract? If not, that could be a red flag. If they do, make sure you can live up to what you sign and that the contract advocates for both of you.
- Are you guys having introverted or extroverted? If you're going to have a dance party, find someone who will dance with you! If you're doing something super intimate, make sure that human will fit into the kind of day you are creating so it really can be the best day.
This industry is filled with amazing humans, and taking the time to find the right one for you will be one of the best choices you could make <3
After your wedding day is over you walk away with your forever best friend & some fun memories. Catching those memories is the best way to make them last. It's also kinda amazing that you'll get to show your cute babies (if you decide to have them) a big piece of your love story one day. Please don't devalue what we do by asking for discounts or hiring someone just because they're "cheap".
Investing in your memories might just be on the list of best decisions you could make...Aside from marrying that forever best friend of yours (,: